The practice is dedicated to achieving and maintaining a high quality health service to meet the needs of the practice population.
To establish a shared responsibility and to ensure you get the most benefit from the practice we will ensure that:
- The telephone is answered promptly.
- Patients may request to speak to a doctor or member of staff privately.
- You will be received by trained reception staff who will offer help and non medical advice.
- Patients will be invited to attend health promotion clinics.
- Self-help and health information will be available in reception or on request.
Our Responsibilities To You
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- Patients are entitled to see their records on written request (subject to limitations within the law and payment of copies of such).
- You will be offered an appointment for the same day or a 48-hour booking (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
- You have a right to information about your own health.
- You will be informed if there is a delay in seeing the doctor.
- You will be informed if further action is required following recent tests.
- If you are too ill to attend the surgery, you may request a home visit.
Your Responsibilities To Us
- Please only ask for a home visit if you are really too ill to attend surgery as it is much easier and quicker to see a doctor at the surgery.
- Please arrive on time for your appointments as the doctor or nurse may not be able to see you if you arrive late, as they are usually fully booked.
- Appointments are for one person only. If you feel your problem cannot be dealt with in a routine appointment please speak to the receptionist who will make appropriate arrangements.
- The doctors, nurses and staff will endeavour to be courteous, polite and helpful at all times, so please show them the same respect. Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated by the practice.
- You should notify the surgery as soon as possible if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please telephone for results between 10.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00 - 4.00pm.
- Please cancel any appointment with the doctor or nurse that you are unable to attend.
Our Primary Care Support Services have ceased routine issuing of medical cards. Patients should visit www.pcss.nhs.uk. Alternatively, phone the PCSS on 0208 335 1400.
Freedom of Information - Publication Scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the ‘classes’ of information the practice intends to routinely make available.
This scheme is available from reception.
Violent of Abusive Patients
Violent or abusive patients will not be tolerated within the practice and will be removed from the surgery list.